On January 31, the 2nd Annual Cedar River Elementary School Science Fair will be hosted at Tahoma High School. All students are invited to attend – whether as a science fair participant or observer. The doors will open at 6:00pm for setting up and judging will begin at 6:30pm. We will have lots of of entertainment, and many more prizes this year!
We also need lots of volunteers to help ensure this event runs smoothly. We need everything from judges (which is simply talking to and listening to kids) to organizational help to help with setting up materials.
Click here to signup if you are interested in helping.
Guidelines for the 2020 Cedar River Elementary Science Fair
- All students who enter a science project will receive a participant award
- All students who enter a science project, and are present at the time of the drawing, will be eligible to win a wide variety of prizes in our science fair raffle – including for grade levels, and overall.
- Students may submit entries to the science fair, via paper form or online google doc, no later than January 24
- The majority of the work should be done by the students, not the parents
- Projects involving live animals or bacterial cultures are prohibted, and cannot be displayed
- If you know that your project may create a mess, please make sure you have clean up materials with you
- No candy, food or gifts should be distributed by science fair participants
- Science fair participants need to stand with their project at the assigned times and need to be able to speak to their project. We are not judging how hard the project is – just that the child understands what they did!
- Science fair projects may be displayed on poster boards or science fair presentation boards (unless otherwise specified by your teacher)
- All science fair participants are to check in the evening of January 31, get their assigned spaces and set up their display boards before 6:30pm
- There will be a prize for class participation. In case of two or more classes generating 100% student participation, a drawing will be held
Scholarship Option: Our PTO would like to ensure that every child has an opportunity to participate and if purchasing supplies for a project is a financial hardship for your family, please contact our school counselor. Your information is kept confidential from general PTO members.